Monday, April 22, 2013

She's Baaaaaackkkkkkk...

Dear Friends,

WOW, has it been a while! I must say, I have missed blogging and am very excited to continue this crazy journey of sharing my thoughts with you. I have had "Write a new blog post" on my to-do list for two months, give or take a few months. Do I think it's pretty sad it took me this long to get around to writing one? Absolutely. However, I swear I have good reason!

From December through March, I was assisting with my high school alma mater's spring musical. I acted as the rehearsal accompanist/assistant music director/pit coordinator for Lake Catholic High School's production of "Anything Goes." Be prepared for a blog post all about this amazing experience. In the meantime, allow me to say this: I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with an amazing group of students and some of the best teachers in the world. There are very few words that can truly express what the experience meant to me. Allow me to say this as well: Boy did it take up a ton of my time! This makes up a very large chunk of the explanation for my absence.

In addition, I have been taking courses at Lakeland Community College. For fun. Oh yeah. This deserves its own blog post, so I will not expound too much here.

I have been lucky enough to road trip to visit Notre Dame, Ohio State, Capital University, and the University of Dayton over the past few weeks. It has been wonderful to see my dear friends (and make a few new ones!), especially those who do not live nearby.

As I finish the last few weeks of classes, close a few doors, and open a whole bunch more, I have one true goal in mind: get back to Notre Dame! It is within my grasp and I am beyond excited. I cannot wait to write a blog post thanking all those who were with me on this journey--it may be the longest one yet!

In the meantime, I will provide you with an eclectic mixture of posts with topics ranging from the light-hearted to the extra-serious.

Pass it on, friends: "She's baaaaaackkkkk!" (Hooray for a terribly cheesy play on a terribly cheesy line from a terribly cheesy 'scary movie'!)


Words Truly,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment